Thursday, October 21, 2010

Weekend Dilemma.

With the weekend looming near, I'm as happy as everyone else. However, the weekend poses a dilemma. How would I spend these 2 precious days?

Being married, now I have 3 families. My family with my Mak, Bapak, siblings, nephews and nieces. My husband's family and my own family with my husband. Most weekends are spent alternately with our families. Thank God they're not that far apart.

But I miss my friends. I envy their facebook status when they have plans to hang out and I'm not included. But that's part of the deal when you get married, I get it, I know things will never be the same as before. Sure my husband doesn't mind me hanging out with my friends. But rarely is the time free for both parties to hang out. Its either I'm occupied or they have plans.

My friend Irah just gave birth, I want to visit her. Same as some other friends too who have birthdays, bbq, cukur jambul, kenduri, open houses, whatever.....

I don't drive. That's a problem. I have to be driven or picked up. How long can anyone put up with that? I don't blame them. I can't expect my husband to be my driver. Especially if it concerns a place that has many people or anywhere outside of the Shah Alam & Kota Damansara radius. And if its my friends, then he'll be bored to hell.

Then of course, I also want time for myself, to do my things. Just restful things like read or maybe a facial or swimming. I have never been to a hair salon for hair treatments EVER. I am so teringin to know what a manicure and pedicure feels like. Or lepak with my husband. Yeah, we work at the same place, bt that's it, we WORK. Sometime we just want to rest and do nothing.

I also want to go to art events, exhibitions, conventions, waterfalls, forests, picnics....

And sometimes, weekend is all the time I have to do the laundry and clean the house....

And I don't even have kids yet.

I feel like I'm losing touch with everything else besides myself and I'm not sure how to handle this.

No comments: